Student Council is an opportunity for you to:
- Bring motions to be voted on by the Council
- Hear reports from Officers on the work they have been doing
- Elect an independent Chair and Deputy Chair
- Provide advice and guidance to the Board of Trustees
- Hold elected officers to account
- With the Trustee Board, approve amendments to the Bye-Laws
How to submit a motion
Any student can submit a motion to Student Council by completing the online form linked above. A motion is where someone brings to Student Council an issue or proposal they want to be discussed. Each motion requires a proposer and seconder and either the proposer or seconder must attend the Student Council meeting where the motion is discussed to explain it.
Who can vote at the Student Council?
All students are welcome to attend and put forward a motion at the Student Council. However, only Student Officers, the Sonar Media Rep, RAG Rep and Societies Council rep have voting privileges
Student Council Minutes
< MSL:CookieConsent LearnMoreLinkUrl="/cookies/" />