Help and Support

The role of the Vice President Welfare (Hanna Head) is to support all students with housing, health and community relations. VP Welfare also works closely with specific groups such as LGBT+, parents, Mature, International and disabled students.

VP Welfare is here to:

  • Provide welfare support to all the students by leading campaigns to deliver the changes that students’ wish to make
  • Make sure all the services in the University and Students’ Union are accessible to all students
  • Represent students at Solent in the community and other occasions such as Equality Forum, Interface Forum, etc.


The VP Welfare works very closely with the Advice Service and a variety of departments in the University.

Independent - Confidential - Free.

The Students’ Union offers a brilliant advice and support service, operated in a drop-in basis. There are three people involved with advice and support at the Union.


Who do I talk to?

Academic Support

Our Advice Service offers support for any course or study related issues, plagiarism, appeals, extenuating circumstances or course changes.

Please visit our Academic Support page or our Advice Service page for more information.

Welfare Support

Any questions concerning health, housing, wellbeing or community issues (and much more) can be answered by Hanna Head (VP Welfare).

Please visit our Welfare Support page to find out more.

Academic Caseworker

The Academic Caseworker works in the Students' Union Advice Service. They are a trained professional who can support you in any issue that affects your academic life at Solent University.

Please visit the Advice Service page for more information.