In adherence to the Memorandums and Articles of Solent Students’ Union, I hereby give notice that the Trustees of the Union have called the Annual General Meeting.
This notice contains the following information:
1. AGM Date, Time & Location:
The AGM will take place on the 11th March from 4pm via a virtual online meeting (in line with government guidance due to COVID-19 pandemic).
If the AGM does not reach quorum of 50 members, it will be rescheduled to 4pm on the 16th March 2021 on the same virtual online platform.
2. AGM Business:
· Ratification of the AGM minutes from 2020;
· Trustee report of Students’ Union Activity since the last AGM;
· Review of the Students’ Union accounts for 2019-2020;
· Appointment of the Students’ Union’s Auditors;
· Review of the Students’ Union’s Education Act Code of Practice;
· Review of the Students’ Union external affiliations;
· Questions to Trustees;
· Voting on any Motions submitted by members.
3. Details of who is eligible to participate:
All Full Members (as per Bye Law 1.1.1) of Solent Students’ Union are eligible to participate in the AGM.
Associate Members (as per Bye Law 1.1.2), Reciprocal Members (as per Bye Law 1.1.3) and students who have opted out of Students’ Union membership cannot participate in any democratic processes of the Students’ Union.
4. Details of Proxy Voting:
In adherence to article 29.1 of the Solent Students’ Union Memorandum and Articles of Association, Full Members are eligible to vote by proxy. Proxy voters will only be valid if notice is submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday the 10th of March from a valid Solent University email address. Notice must include:
· Name and address of the member appointing a proxy.
· Signature of the member appointing a proxy.
· Name of person acting as proxy.
The authenticity of proxy voters will be determined in a manner that the Trustees see fit.
5. Questions to Trustees;
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have moved our AGM to a virtual online platform to give members the best possible opportunity to attend the meeting and hold the SU to account. However, due to the nature of an online meeting with a lot of attendees’, we request where possible that all questions for trustees are submitted in advance by 3rd March at 5pm, and emailed to Joshua.email@example.com.
6. Submitting a motion;
To submit a motion to the AGM, students are able to submit an idea to our motions board at https://www.solentsu.co.uk/voice/speakyourvoice/, where a motion with 10 up votes will be heard by AGM.
Alternatively, students can follow the link to the motion form below to submit a motion to AGM. The deadline to submit a motion is the 3rd of March at 12pm. https://www.solentsu.co.uk/surveys/yourchange/
Chair of the Board of Trustees
18th February 2020
Enquiries about the AGM should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org