Why take part in the Achievement Mentoring Scheme?
The Achievement Mentoring scheme is a project run by the Student Achievement Team which recognizes the importance of peer support at university. The scheme gives students an opportunity to connect with their peers, receive mentoring, develop key skills, and to have a safe and positive space to share knowledge and experiences.
The Achievement Mentoring scheme will:
- Provide you with mentoring
- Be a source of regular support
- Connect you with your peers
- Act as a communication channel
- Allow for two-way sharing of knowledge and experiences
- Help to signpost university resources and services on a range of platforms
- Help students to reform challenges and set goals
- Give students a positive and safe ‘space’
- Provide students with an opportunity to make friends
We encourage you and your mentor to work together, and to take ownership of your mentoring journey. You and your mentor can work out a schedule that suits both of you – this can include 1:1 meetings, group mentoring, or both! - and can be flexible throughout the year.
If you are interested in signing up to the Achievement Mentoring scheme, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your expression of interest.
Please note that places are limited, and once all places are filled we will add your details to a waiting list, and will contact you should a spot open up.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Student Achievement Team