FREE Veggies - Food Garden 3rd Year Project
Mon 28 Oct 2019 - Fri 06 Dec 2019
Food Garden, Solent Campus, East Park Terrace.
Calling for assistance and offer of free food!
Sue B is looking for participants for her 3rd year main nutritional project.
She is performing research to see if using a food garden will increase vegetable consumption.
What do I need to do?
- Fill in 2 short FFQ’s (1 at the start and 1 at the end)
- Plant some seeds and/or small plants into raised beds (planters in food garden)
- Check on your crops (occasionally – watering, weed, pick)
- Harvest veggies when ready
- Keep, Eat and Enjoy!
Why would I want to do this?
- FREE food
- Grow your own veggies
- Times to suit you (M-F, 9-5)
- Gain new skills
- Spend time in fresh air
- Help promote the new ‘food garden’
- Could tie in with your own projects
- Liaise with a 3rd year student for advice and support
Do I need to know about plants?
No, it is not necessary to have any previous knowledge or experience, you will be shown and assisted with doing this. However, if you do already have knowledge then that is okay too.
How long will this take me?
- The project will take place for approx. 6 weeks (From Oct to Dec)
If you would like more information or you would like to take part and/or know someone else who might - please contact Sue firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you :-)