Students Union is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Solent Students' Union - Annual General Meeting 2022
Time: May 5, 2022 02:00 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 802 504 6957
One tap mobile
+442039017895,,8025046957# United Kingdom
+442080806591,,8025046957# United Kingdom
Dial by your location
+44 203 901 7895 United Kingdom
+44 208 080 6591 United Kingdom
+44 208 080 6592 United Kingdom
+44 330 088 5830 United Kingdom
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 802 504 6957
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kb7U74mcG1
In adherence to the Memorandums and Articles of the Southampton Solent Students’ Union, I hereby give notice that the Trustees of the Union have called the Annual General Meeting. Under company law, the trustees ask members to consider a special resolution to formally adopt the new Articles of Association following the five-yearly review.
This notice contains the following information:
- AGM Date, Time & Location
The AGM will take place online on Thursday 28th April from 2pm via Zoom. If the AGM does not reach quorum it will be rescheduled to 2pm the following week (5th May) in the same location. To book onto the event, click here: https://bit.ly/3LXFAmO
- AGM Business
- Ratification of the AGM minutes from 2021;
- Trustee report of Students’ Union Activity since the last AGM;
- Review of the Students’ Union accounts for 2020-2021;
- Appointment of the Students’ Union’s Auditors;
- Review of the Students’ Union’s Education Act Code of Practice;
- Review of the Students’ Union external affiliations;
- Questions to Trustees;
- Voting on any submitted Student Motions.
- Details of who is eligible to participate
All Full Members (as per Bye Law 1.1.1) of Solent Students’ Union are eligible to participate in the AGM.
Associate Members (as per Bye Law 1.1.2), Reciprocal Members (as per Bye Law 1.1.3) and students who have opted out of Students’ Union membership cannot participate in any democratic processes of the Students’ Union.
- Details of Proxy Voting
In adherence to article 29.1 of the Solent Students’ Union Memorandum and Articles of Association, Full Members are eligible to vote by proxy. Proxy voters will only be valid if notice is submitted in writing to Joshua.Whale@solent.ac.uk by 5pm on Wednesday 27th April from a valid Solent University email address. Notice must include:
- Name and address of the member appointing a proxy.
- Signature of the member appointing a proxy.
- Name of person acting as proxy.
The authenticity of proxy voters will be determined in a manner that the Trustees see fit.
Took book onto the event, click here: https://bit.ly/3LXFAmO
Enquiries about the AGM should be directed to: Joshua.Whale@solent.ac.uk