Are you interested in working in a fast-paced customer service environment that could open further opportunities for a career in payroll?
If you have a good standard of education in English and Maths, Grade A-C at GCSE (or equivalent) and excellent communication skills both written and verbal, then please read on!
You’ll be expected to represent NHS SBS by being the first point of contact for all incoming calls. Calls will be from NHS clients and their employees, providing a service that assists with timely and accurate salary payments. To carry out all tasks within SLA time scales.
We can offer excellent career progression, training and development opportunities.
If you are an outstanding and highly motivated individual with passion and desire to contribute to the positive reputation of our business, we would love to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- We are responsible for dealing effectively with queries from customers (both internal and external) by telephone, email or in person, at all times conveying a professional and efficient attitude following customer service standards.
- We provide clear, concise and accurate information to clients, their employees and third parties ensuring at all times that a positive and professional manner is deployed.
- Follow the guidelines laid out under the Data Protection Act
- Maintain a basic awareness of statutory regulations in respect of National and Local deductions from pay such as PAYE and NI.
- To construct suitable responses to queries from staff, HMRC and other outside organisations verbal and written.
What you’ll bring:
- Good standard of Education in English and Mathematics, preferably with GCSE level A-C, or experience in an office/payroll/finance environment
- Numerate and methodical
- Good pc skills, using Microsoft word, Excel and the ability to input from basic data source and produce basic spreadsheets
- The ability to prioritise
- Previous experience of working in a customer service environment
- Experience with handling telephone calls and emails
It would be great if you had:
- Basic understanding of Payroll processes and deadlines
- NVQ 2 qualification in Payroll
- Previous Call Centre experience or working in a fast-paced work environment
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Employment Type Part-time
Hours 16 hours per week (4 Days x 4 Hours) 20 hours per week (5 days x 4 hours)
Internal Recruiter Rachel
Salary £18,575 (pro rata)
Benefits 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, 4 x death in service benefit, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund 3% (can be taken as a cash option), annual bonus of up to £500 (all on a pro rata basis)
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about our company?
This year we have been ranked in the top 40 large companies to work for in the UK and our unique partnership between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria means that we are market leaders in corporate service delivery with around 40% of the NHS using one or more of our products. With unrivalled knowledge and experience, we provide high-quality, value-for-money finance, procurement and employment services to the NHS, helping them overcome any challenges they face in the back office.
Our vision is to help the NHS save money and enhance quality, providing a real-life impact where the changes we make can improve health, innovate to save lives, and deliver better outcomes.
We adopt difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and are striving to become a more diverse organisation. We welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.