Campaign Volunteers - Solent Students' Union
Location Solent Students' Union/Solent University/Online
Are you interested in helping plan and run a campaign design to prevent and fight against all forms of sexual violence and abuse? We have lots of plans in place but we want your views, skills and expertise to help. More information can be found here.
Student Unions are student led, which means we're here to help support you and your voice. If you have any ideas, or just want to be part of planning and running a campus and community-wide campaign, please email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
MAST Mayflower Studios - Student Ambassador
Location MAST Theatre Mayflower Studios / Online
In being a Student Ambassador for MAST Mayflower Studios, you will work closely with the Marketing team at MAST and share content around upcoming shows. You will be required to:
Do a feed post on your personal social media about the show, at least one week before it is at MAST, including a discount code.
Post a couple of stories about your visit to the venue to see the show.
Post the discount code/artwork within any course group chats/Facebook groups.
MAST will supply the artwork and assist with copywriting for your social media feed post, including the discount code. You will need to tag MAST in any post about us/the shows.
- You will be gifted a pair of tickets to each show that you agree to post about.
Any questions, please contact Brianna Norman, Marketing & PR Coordinator, on Brianna.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please email your name, social media & course to Brianna.email@example.com.
Solent Student Action for Refugees (STAR) society
Student Action for Refugees (STAR) is a new student society that supports Solent’s commitment to becoming a University of Sanctuary. The group aims to make a difference in our local community and across the UK through education, fundraising and volunteering.
To find out more and how you can get involved and enrich our culture of welcome, please visit the Solent STAR Society or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a range of volunteering opportunities available across the academic year through the Student Placement scheme which includes marketing and events, media, performance analysis, coaching, and strength and conditioning. To find out more email email@example.com.
Meal Prep Assistant – Easy Tz Meals
Location 38-40 Onslow Rd, Southampton SO14 0JG
Dates Every Wednesday
Hours 10:00 – 17:00 or email your availability
- Free lunch and snacks provided
- Making meals for the local community
- Meals change each week
- Advertise the meals to the local community
To find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Citizens Advice Witness Service Court Volunteer – Citizens Advice Witness Service
Location Southampton Crown Court and West Hampshire Magistrates Court, London Road, Southampton, SO15 2XQ
Dates We recruit volunteers on an ongoing basis.
Hours 1 day per week of 9-5
- Training is approx 3 months consisting of e-learning modules and shadowing experienced volunteers at the courts.
- Giving witnesses and their supporters emotional support, guidance and information at court (e.g. explain court procedures and legal terms)
- Showing witnesses and others around the courtroom before a trial so they are familiar and at ease in the environment.
- Carrying out the paperwork necessary to record and evaluate our work.
- Going into the courtroom with a witness if permitted.
- Identifying additional support to which we can signpost witnesses.
- Working as part of a team with other Witness Service volunteers and staff as well as liaising with court personnel.
How to apply button can be found on our site https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/witnessservice/
To find out more, please email email@example.com
Tutor (Maths or English) – Action Tutoring
Location You can tutor online from anywhere in England, Scotland and Wales
Dates Your availability
Hours Your availability
Children from lower-income families are less likely to achieve academically than their better-off peers. Action Tutoring is a charity that works to level the playing field.
We are looking for volunteers to support pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds in maths or English. As a volunteer, you’ll:
- Work with 1-3 pupils to improve their English and maths, either in-person or online
- Commit to a 10-20 week programme, for just one hour a week
- Support either primary or secondary school-aged pupils
- Use our tutor workbooks to shape your weekly sessions
Good grades improve future prospects, opening the door to a wider range of opportunities. If you enjoy working with children and are passionate about social equality, you can make a tangible difference by volunteering for an hour a week.
Sign up today: www. actiontutoring.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer
Social Media Assisstant (Volunteer) - Southampton Pride
Dates ASAP - August
Hours 1-2 hours a week
There is 2 posts avaliable for this role and you would manage the day-to-day runnings of Southampton Pride's social media page. Training will be provided within the role, and is the perfect opportunity for studnets who want to go into a career involving marketing or communications.
You would be well suited for this role if you are someone who: