FREE, INDEPENDENT ACADEMIC ADVICE and SUPPORT
Our Academic Caseworkers are trained and qualified to offer impartial support on academic issues.
WHAT WE CAN HELP WITH
- Academic Misconduct - It's possible that at some point you will receive a letter from the Academic Misconduct Team that tells you you've committed 'academic misconduct'. Your Students' Union Advice Service offers support to all students facing penalties.
- Appeals - Sometimes you may feel your grades are not reflective of your work. This may be grounds for you to submit an academic appeal.
- Extenuating Circumstances - If something arises that is unforeseen and short term, and means you are unable to attend University or submit assessments. you may be eligible for Extenuating Circumstances.
- Disciplinaries - At some point you may find yourself on the receiving end of the University's Student Disciplinary Procedure.
- Course Change - If your course is not everything you hoped for, you may be eligible to transfer to another course.
- Fitness to Practice - You may have been told you will need to see a Fitness to Practice Panel, come to us for advice on your next steps.
- Complaints - If you wish to make a complaint, we are on hand to help offer advice and assess your options at every step.
- Advocacy - We can come with you to University panels or meetings to ensure that you're being treated fairly and given the opportunity to be heard and understood.
- Preparation - We can help you know what to expect from a panel or meeting, and explain the relevant academic regulations or UK law applicable. We can also help you to gather evidence and prepare statements.
- Anything else! If you have any other academic issues please come and have a chat with us!
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH AN ACADEMIC CASE WORKER
Open Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Please Note: All advice appointments are currently being offered online, by phone or by email. Due to the high volume of cases at the moment, the advice service is at capacity. We are still accepting cases but will be prioritising time-sensitive cases until further notice.