Application deadline: Tue 26 Mar 2019
What being a Trustee involves
A strong and active Board of Trustees is essential for us as we endeavour to build on our successes and continue to move forward. We have two vacancies for members to provide a current student perspective to the Board to ensure that everything we do is led by students and is in the best interests of students.
The Trustees are ultimately responsible, individually and collectively, for all activity within Solent Students’ Union.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for:
- setting the vision and values of the organisation;
- ensuring the delivery of organisational purpose;
- the development and agreement of a long-term strategy;
- approving and monitoring plans to deliver the strategy;
- providing support to the Chief Executive.
All Trustees have a duty to:
- ensure that Solent Students’ Union acts in accordance with its charitable objects and governing documents;
- ensure that Solent Students’ Union remains true to its Mission, Vision and Values;
- help Solent Students’ Union achieve its objectives and benefits the members;
- ensure that Solent Students’ Union complies with all relevant legislation and regulations;
- ensure that Solent Students’ Union does not undertake activities that put its financial stability, members or reputation at undue risk;
- work with other Trustees, staff and volunteers in a constructive manner;
- participate fully in Board meetings;
- use their personal skills and experience to ensure Solent Students’ Union is well run and efficient;
- seek professional external advice where there may be a risk to the Union or where the Trustees may be in breach of their duties;
- add value to the Board and the Union through generating ideas, challenging the status quo, broadening thinking and supporting and promoting innovation and creativity.
Download our Student Trustee Application Pack (including application form) by clicking here.
Please submit your application to email@example.com