Want to write but feel it’s difficult and lonely on your own? Do you want inspiration to ignite your creative talents?
The Quill Society is a group of like-minded students from all courses who love to get together, enjoy and create of all forms of literature, socialise and most of all, relax, de-stress and have fun.
We are also FREE TO JOIN! (did I mention free?)
In our weekly sessions, we…
· Bring together our creative writing in whatever form it comes, share it and give each other constructive feedback and encouragement
· Take part in fun and games that will inspire our writing
· Have internal and external speakers on writing - last year’s talks included the history of plays (and how to start writing them) and writing the crime genre
· Hold social events (online initially during the pandemic) but eventually in the ‘real’ world (anybody remember that?) including drinks, ice cream, coffee & cake, pizza, treasure hunts etc.
· Do anything else the group wants – this is your society to be moulded by you!
· Post-pandemic aim to have trips to theatres such as the Globe and other literary places (e.g. Jane Austen’s birthplace)
· Promote internal and external writing competitions
BUT NOT FORGETTING…
· THE ANNUAL ANTHOLOGY!!! – your opportunity to be published amongst other rising stars of the Solent student community
To stay up to date, please join our Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/SUQuill) for the most up to date information
Also follow us on Twitter (@SUquillsociety) and on Instagram (suquillsociety)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Still doubting whether you want to join this fab/incredible/ace/stunning/phat/cool/fantastic/amazing/terrific society (delete any or all of the previous appalling adjectives at your leisure)?
Want to find out a little more? Come along to one of sessions or feel free to send us a message.
To join the society, please visit the Students’ Union (https://www.solentsu.co.uk/get-involved/society/10808/)